[TYPO3-dev] passwords can't be changed in 4.2.2 backend

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Oct 10 14:37:10 CEST 2008

Francois Suter wrote: on 10.10.2008 14:31:
>>> BT: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9517
>>>
>>> Steffen
>>
>> i can confirm this behaviour, had this some minutes ago with FE user
>> (i'm sure it worked before with BE user so i was astonished)
>>
>> The patch from #9494 solved this problem.
>> Why is this patch marked as resolved? This patch was never committed
>
> The patch never even submitted!!! I haven't tried to reproduce the
> problem yet, but how come no one has submitted it? Especially since
> those bugs are marked as assigned to people such as Olly and Ingo... Is
> this weird or what?

This just proves my point that it is non-sense to have those duplicate
bugs marked as "resolved". It is pretty confusing, even for "power
users" as Francois. :)

Francois, follow the thread from my mail 10:18 where I try to explain
the bug-tracker confusion and make my suggestion on how to deal with it
in future (btw most core developers used to work like that, me included,
so this might have been just a mistake).

Cheers,
Ernesto