[TYPO3-dev] core beta version?

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Oct 10 14:35:34 CEST 2008

Hey Stefano,

the problem is that only a few people use RCs or alphas or betas, so the
overhead of packaging is bigger than just telling the few people to try out.

In some rare cases we do RCs for stable branches. maybe we should have
done this for 4.2.2 but IF we'd come out with 4.2.3 in (hypothetically)
two weeks, I wouldn't see the need for an RC there (as the amount of
fixes is so little). We had over 100 bugfixes for 4.2.2, that was really
impressive, but yeah, also would bring more errors in there.

--
All the best,
benni.