[TYPO3-dev] Extensions need update for 4.3!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Oct 10 11:22:01 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 10.10.2008 10:20:

> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>>
>> Thinking about it, I am not sure how widespread the problem would be.
>> Quickly scanning through some extensions, I haven't found any which did
>> it wrong. Steffen, could you give us some examples where you found it?
>> You said "many" in your initiation of the thread.

> while doing a site with trunk for many reasons (important was usage of
> new DAM) i found this with 3 out of 10 extensions, which namely was:
> cal, mm_forum, page comments (shame on me :D)
>
> Most in the case you mentioned before:
> if (...) {
> }
> $content = substituteMarkerArrayCached($template, $markerArray,
> $subpartArray, $linkArray);

Well, I cannot predict the amount chaos, but I guess it would be similar
as when we switched from PHP4 to PHP5 (mm_forum had some PHP5 troubles too).

I thought "cal" got rid of substituteMarkerArrayCached because of the
"cache-explosion-problem" some time ago? Are you using a current version
of it?

So I still think my solution would work best. Steffen, could you check
if patch in the attachment solves the problems you have had in trunk and
those extensions?

Cheers,
Ernesto