[TYPO3-dev] Extensions need update for 4.3!

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Oct 9 18:32:09 CEST 2008

Hi!

ries van Twisk wrote:
> We all know as programmers that NULL is special, it doesn't define a
> specific type.

I am not a programmer than... If I see that it must be an array, I pass array, not null.

> And there is nothing in PHP that prevents you to pass NULL even though
> you can explicately define in the function a array needs to be passed.

Yes? I just tried:

<?php

function foo(array $al) {
        echo 'La-la' . chr(10);
}

foo(null);

?>

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to foo() must be an array, null given, called in /Users/dima/1.php on line 7 and defined in /Users/dima/1.php on line 3

So null is not valid when array is expected.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team