[TYPO3-dev] Extensions need update for 4.3!

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Oct 9 16:52:03 CEST 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 9:04 AM, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> But it always stated in the documentation that the argument was an
>> array. If a developer is not able to deal with this simple fact and
>> puts
>> NULL instead, then it's not the problem of the core of TYPO3. This
>> change won't break any code that was coded properly.
>
> Good point!

It's a point, but not a good point...

TYPO3 never made it clear about the ability of passing NULL as a
'value'.
it does indeed say array, but it's not clear of not allowing to pass
NULL.
Since NULL's where always accepted by the core, a developer can only
assume it was allowed.

I still like The idea of Ernesto.

>> Let poorly written extensions work with 4.2.x. If you remember 4.2.0,
>> many extensions had to be upgraded to work. This will perhaps be the
>> case with 4.3. Why should good extensions such as TV and RealURL
>> need to
>> constantly adapt and poorly written extensions just work without
>> any new
>> release time to time?
>
> Good point as well!

I don't understand what it has to do with the threads context.

Ries