[TYPO3-dev] getHtmlTemplate should use resolveBackPath

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Oct 8 09:38:46 CEST 2008

Hi list

>>> I would suggest to have a function which converts such path to an
>>> absolute path.
> http://de3.php.net/manual/en/function.realpath.php

I had some tests with realpath and combinations of getFileAbsFileName and resolveBackPath.

My conclusion: getFileAbsFileName can't deal (I think) with paths starting with .. - at least it doesn't work..
So Steffen Kamper's wish to get a absolute path would need a new t3lib_div-function I think (or getFileAbsFileName modified).

Because the relative path resolved by resolveBackPath is OK, I think this should last.

I've created a bugtracker entry and will send this to core list:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9511

Steffen