[TYPO3-dev] Is there a reason why the classname for itemsProcFunc needs to start with 'tx_'?

Rob Vonk typo3 at robvonk.com
Sat Oct 4 16:53:14 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I tried creating a itemsProcFunc for dynamicly adding data to my flexform.
I've done that before so i didn't expect any problems. How wrong could i be :)

I think i nailed the problem down to the callUserFunction function in
typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/class.tslib_content.php:

[snip]

$pre = $GLOBALS['TSFE']->TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['userFuncClassPrefix'];
if ($pre &&
         !t3lib_div::isFirstPartOfStr(trim($funcName),$pre) &&
         !t3lib_div::isFirstPartOfStr(trim($funcName),'tx_')
         )       {
         $GLOBALS['TT']->setTSlogMessage('Function "'.$funcName.'" was not
prepended with "'.$pre.'"',3);
         return $content;
}

[/snip]

It seems that your itemsProcFunc class needs to start with some value you
can set in userFuncClassPrefix settings or with 'tx_'.

Is there any reason for that?

Regards,

Rob Vonk