[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3.org Login: Forgot your password mechanism

Christoph Blömer chbloemer at gmx.net
Sun Nov 30 21:50:29 CET 2008

Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
> Hello,
>

>> But the downside of the current mechanism is, that everybody can enter a
>> email of somebody else in the password fogotten form and they will get a
>> new password.
>> I think some people wouldn't like that.
>>
>> So it would be nice if there would be a confirmation mail to acknowledge
>> the password change.
>>

> Those reminders only work if there is a match between the username and
> the email. Did you try to request a new password for someone else? I
> guess it won't work :-)

But you don't have to enter a username. Just an email address. There is
no match between username and email address.
Nobody else would get the password. Only the user itself. But I think it
could be annoying.
I didn't try that before. But after you ask, I tried it with yours ;-)
I hope you don't have the same email in your typo3 account as in the
maillinglist. :-D
Otherwise you got a new password.

Have a nice day
Christoph