[TYPO3-dev] typo3 4.3 and file cache

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Nov 24 21:41:25 CET 2008

Bartosz Aninowski wrote:

Hi Bartosz,

> I found that "pageCacheToExternalFiles" doesn't work anymore.
> How to set "file" as default cache backend in 4.3?

It doesn't work anymore as it's not needed anymore due to the new
caching framework which can be configured to cache every cache to
(currently) either file system, DB or memcached (according to Dmitry
broken right now though).

Other systems are possible too.

check t3lib/config_default.php in the SYS section on how to configure
the page cache (in your case) to write cache entries to the file system.
Just change the cache backend for the page cache to file system, that
should do.

If you want/can you can also help with debugging/fixing the memcached
cache backend.

HTH, best
Ingo

--