[TYPO3-dev] Flexform data from RTE field

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Mon Nov 24 18:53:15 CET 2008

Hi,

maybe a dumb question, but I'm curious.

Content saved in a flexform field with RTE appears twice in
tt_content.pi_flexform:
  * once with usual TYPO3 tags in vDEF (e.g. <link>),
  * once with htmlspecialchared HTML in _TRANSFORM_vDEF.vDEFbase.

<--- snip

flexform_ds.xml:

  <myfield>
  <TCEforms>
   <label>myLabel</label>
   <config>
    <type>text</type>
    <cols>40</cols>
    <rows>10</rows>
   </config>
   <defaultExtras>richtext[*]:rte_transform[mode=ts_css]</defaultExtras>
  </TCEforms>
</myfield>

tt_content.pi_flexform:

<field index="myfield">
  <value index="vDEF">Lorem ipsum</value>
  <value index="_TRANSFORM_vDEF.vDEFbase">Lorem ipsum </value>
</field>

---> snap

_TRANSFORM_vDEF.vDEFbase links seem not to get processed by RealURL.
So I use the content from vDEF and transform it with
$this->pi_RTEcssText() Then I get proper speaking URIs.

So what is _TRANSFORM_vDEF.vDEFbase meant for at all?

--
cheers,
Steffen

http://www.t3node.com/