[TYPO3-dev] Scriptaculous Drag'n'Drop is (in circumstances) broken

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Mon Nov 24 01:19:26 CET 2008

Hy;

while implementing Drag'n'Drop inside a docHeader (which has scroll), I
detected that the current implementation (1.8.1) has a bug in that
regard (it doesn't take the offset into account).

It is a known problem:

http://prototype.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8887/milestones/9608-1-8-2-bugfix-release
#59  drag drop problem in scroll div  draggable

Sadly the fix wasn't even enough, because "Sortable.create()" does not
pass the required (and new) parameters to "Droppable.add()".

I did though completly fix this issue and packaged it into our
extension. You may download a copy here:

http://web27.gknetzwerk.de/typo3conf/ext/templavoila/res/dragdrop.js

I am not clear how others should act in this regard. With the
contributed core-scriptaculous, it won't be possible to use DnD in
docHeaders; if it would be added in 4.3, still every extension which
supports older versions, will have to package it's custom "dragdrop.js" ...

Ciao
    Niels