[TYPO3-dev] @french TYPO3-users: who has some time for the typo3_tut-review

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sat Nov 15 17:35:34 CET 2008

Hi Daniel,

> I think you know the typo3_tut in english. It's now translated by rwn
> (wiki-username) to french, and needs a review now.

I finally took the time to review the document.

> This is the task:
> * check if there are translation-errors
> * Not needed corrections for first version: grammar, typos
> * give feedback in forge-issue http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/2107

Unfortunately since login is locked, I can't report to forge (nor do the
changes in the wiki). I'll give my feedback here.

1) In the chapter "Présentation", the area #4 is said to be the
"docheader". This is wrong (and is probably wrong in the English version
too). I'm not sure how it's called actually, but it is not the
docheader. The docheader appears at the top of area #3 and contains
things like 3rd level navigation, shortcut icon, etc.

2) In the chapter "Arborescence des pages", point 6 in the numbered
list, the word "tendez" should be "tentez" instead. In point 7,
"repertoire" should be "répertoire".

3) In the chapter "Travailler avec du contenu", in the ordered list
after "Figure 6", point 3 should end after "icônes" (strip the trailing
", ou"). Point 6 is wrong because it says the 3rd content element is
hidden. This is not the case in the screenshot.
After "Figure 7", at the beginning of the second sentence, it should
read "La seconde option est visible uniquement" instead of "La seconde
option n'est visible uniquement".

4) In the chapter "Editer du contenu", the word "text" should be spelled
"texte" in the first paragraph. In the first paragraph after "Figure 8",
content element types "texte" and "texte avec image" are written in
italics, where they are in bold in the rest of the document. At the end
of the sentenced starting with "La sixième [6] icône" someone tried
using the <u> tag which not supported and not recommended. Some other
style of emphasis should be used.

5) In the chapter "Travailler avec des images", again content element
tpyes "texte avec image" and "images seules" are in italics instead of bold.

6) In the chapter "Travailler avec des pages", 2nd paragraph before the
end, there's a typo. "déplaceer" should read "déplacer". In the last
paragraph, the second sentence begins with "Par inaccessible je
n'entends pas une page d'erreur", which represents a change of style by
being in the first person instead of being in the passive form. It would
be better if it read "Par inaccessible, il ne faut pas entendre une page
d'erreur".

7) In the chapter "Langues multiples / Site multilingue", there's a
carriage return missing after the "Figure 20" caption.

That's it :-)

I don't who's responsible for the translation. I can also make the
changes myself, but I don't want to mess up anything. Anyway I will wait
until the login is possible again.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter