[TYPO3-dev] Improving Usability of ExtensionManager

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 13:20:52 CET 2008

Hi!

Malte Jansen wrote:
> What about some improvments for the EM in 4.3?
>
> - Disabling uninstalling link (and removing "-" on icon) of extension,
> which you can not uninstall due to other dependencies

May be also a title attribute should say why: "The extension cannot
be uninstalled because other extensions depend on it".

> - Optinal (with checkbox) listing of dependency in one/two column. "Need
> by" & "Depends on".

I did not see how it looks like in your extension but I imagine that
it can be a separate function in the top select box. When selected
it shows what depends on this extension and how this extension
depends on others. Just an idea. I think it is more clear this way.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support