[TYPO3-dev] What I miss in TYPO3 => goal for 4.3?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Nov 14 12:44:10 CET 2008

Hi,

>> there is another possibility to prepare it: using a
>> ext_tables_static+adt.sql where the initial data is in.
>
> I did not find them last time (don't know why), but it seems I may be
> able to create initial structure with the execution of a merge of
>
> # cd /path/to/typo3_src-4.2.3
> # find . -name *.sql
> ./misc/example_MM_relationTables.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/sys_note/ext_tables.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/rtehtmlarea/ext_tables.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/dbal/ext_tables.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/sys_action/ext_tables.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/cms/ext_tables_static+adt.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/cms/ext_tables.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/felogin/ext_tables.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/indexed_search/ext_tables.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/impexp/ext_tables.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/tsconfig_help/ext_tables_static+adt.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/tsconfig_help/ext_tables.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/adodb/adodb/session/adodb-sessions.oracle.clob.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/adodb/adodb/session/adodb-sessions.oracle.sql
> ./typo3/sysext/adodb/adodb/session/adodb-sessions.mysql.sql
> ./t3lib/stddb/tables.sql
>
> Well, not those from Oracle of course.
>
> I'll refine my script then :-)

After refining my script I get a few problems as I cannot create tables
cache_imagesizes and pages (at least) properly as they are defined both
in t3lib/stddb/tables.sql and in typo3/sysext/cms/ext_tables.sql.

For cache_imagesizes, I may easily add a DROP TABLE IF EXISTS statement
as both definition are the same, but pages is getting enriched in
ext_tables.sql and I should then merge both script or change the second
CREATE TABLE as an ALTER TABLE statement, which is just a bit not funny
as TYPO3 already is able to do such thing. This is why I would have love
an API to update the DB structure and not perform those SQL statements
myself.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html