[TYPO3-dev] DBAL - does it actually work

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Nov 14 10:48:54 CET 2008

Karsten Dambekalns schrieb:

> Ok, if your data is not tree like, and you have a lot of it, you would
> probably use a traditional database. Currently no abstraction is
> planned, except for a mapping of "legacy" databases into the CR. That
> would not help, if you need a relational view.

Even if TYPO3 5.x wouldn't need it itself, I think it would be a worthy
addition to FLOW3 if it had some DB "tools". One would be a low-level
query generator, the other could be higher-level "object" model which
could also use annotation style for magic, but wouldn't use the CR as
storage, but a DB accessed via the query generator classes.

Masi