[TYPO3-dev] BE_USER object weirdness with Firefox 3

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Nov 13 15:33:46 CET 2008

Francois Suter wrote: on 13.11.2008 15:21:

>> i stumble what should be different in FF3 as this is executed on the
>> server. Did you looked at the cookies? May be there is still a session
>> open as this was the problem of FF in former versions too. I use
>> webdeveloper toolbar to view/disable cookies.
>
> It is probably a cookie-related problem, but I haven't dug into that
> yet. Whatever it is, it induces TYPO3 to instatiate a be user object,
> but not fill it up.
>
> I have observed that FF3 has some pretty aggressive session preservation
> mechanism. Sometime when you quit FF3 (FF2 does it too, but no so often)
> without logging out of an application and you start FF3 again, you find
> yourself automatically logged in (even in applications that don't have
> "permalogin" features). This seems a bit abusive...

FF shares the session cookies across all FF instances, you must be sure
you really "killed" all running Firefox's before starting it again.
Maybe there is a "invisible" FF process already running?

And if your FF "crashes" (or is killed without it being given the
opportunity to cleanly close) it will restore the last known state,
including all "session cookies.

Don't know if one of the above situations is what causes your problems,
just want to report that I haven't had that particular problem (FF3 on
Win-XP).

Cheers,
Ernesto