[TYPO3-dev] BE_USER object weirdness with Firefox 3

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Nov 12 16:55:59 CET 2008

Hi all,

I have encountered a weird behavior. I have been working recently on an
extension that inserts Google Analytics code into a page. This extension
skips doing this when a BE user is logged in by testing the existence of
the BE_USER object, as

if (is_object($GLOBALS['BE_USER'])) ...

Now it appears that this works fine in general, except with Firefox 3
(all platforms). In the case of FF3, the BE_USER object exists although
empty.

Of course the workaround is easy and consists of testing whether the
BE_USER->user array is filled with significant info, but the behavior is
surprising and I wanted to know if anyone had an idea where it could
come from.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter