[TYPO3-dev] Annoying coding

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Nov 11 23:29:15 CET 2008

Hi,

Stefano Kowalke schrieb:
> It seems the CGL is a raw point. People was encouraged to write a patch and
> change e.g. " to ', but if i post two files (according to the inoffical
> CGL) to the core list, Ingo told me that there is no offical CGL. So i am
> confused. I am a fan of CGLs, they makes (coding)life easier, but now we
> live in a CGL neverland with some hints and a inoffical CGL that not
> acepted by some core devs.
>
> Just my two cents
> Stefano

don't be confused - the inofficial CGL is what we all know and do, it's
only not announced official. That only means that some little things can
change and some things will be added.
In general the things are really clear. There was a session at T3DD08
where all these issues where fixed and discussed, so Dmitry's inofficial
CGL is the result of this session.

Ingo only accented that it's not official yet, that's all.

I'm pretty sure that we will have scripts that reformat code to CGL
automatically so it's not needed now to change all existing code
manually now.

vg Steffen