[TYPO3-dev] maximum size of fe extension return

Ronald Steiner Ronald.Steiner at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:57:21 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

thanks for your reply.
I checked if it is the runtime, cause this was my first guess. But it
quite certainly is not.
Cause if I do just the same calculation but return instead of the
calculated value something short it will work. Here one example:

[code]
function main ($content,$conf){
      $output = "";
      for ($i = 0; $i <= 2920; $i++) {
          $output .= "0123456789";
      }
      debug($output);
      $shortOutput = "test";
      return $shortOutput;
}
[/code]

So for me it seams to be clear the size of the "return" value. Just I
don't understand why.

And there is no output at all. Not even an error message, just nothing.
Typo3 gives out an empty page.
Still wondering why, and what to do about. In my case I really need such
a long output. It's basically a very long html-table that I want to
return as a content element. I thought of compressing the size of the
table by removing all line breaks, and double white space. That does
help a bit but my html-table is too big for such an output also.

greetings

Ron