[TYPO3-dev] DBAL - does it actually work

Michael Greiner michael.greiner at web.de
Tue Nov 11 09:19:54 CET 2008

Hello,

my experiences with dbal and postgres so far are bad. For any reason since I
switched to 4.2.2 the Extension Manager doesn't work anymore. This is just
the very latest example for random behaviour. Prepare for a lot of
rewriting.
Most extensions don't work cause people write strictly for mysql. So noone
cares about coding guidelines. I did both: migrating and a new setup and
both
is a mess. Typo3's origin is with Mysql. Unless you are willing wo
rewrite many
many lines of code and talk to many different developers about things you've
never heard of before, stay away from running it on Postgres.

Michael