[TYPO3-dev] Display message to user after updating/installing an extension

Andreas Kundoch Andreas.Kundoch at mehrwert.de
Mon Nov 10 17:28:45 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

>>> May be you can open a BT for it and describe your experience with it,
>>> the error message and possible workaround.
>>
>> BT entry already exists. I do not remember a number but it exists.
>> It is a known problem with modules, which use mod.php.
>>

> yes, i found it
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7265

I also found this report but it's only related, not exactly the same as
my issue here: The problem in my particular case is the left frame not
updating (reloading) the link to the module if the module requires a new
url to invoke it. I assume this happens *only* if you switch to mod.php
AND update the module, switching from mod/tools/mymodule/index.php to
mod.php?M=tools_txmymodule. Fresh installs should work since the left
frame is updated after installation.

Andreas