[TYPO3-dev] maximum size of fe extension return

Ronald Steiner Ronald.Steiner at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 9 18:00:58 CET 2008

Hi List,

I just observed something strange:
My Extension is a FE-Plugin. It generates some CE. If this generated CE
has more than 29200 characters typo3 won't give an output at all.

This is my example main function for my CE (just generated by kick starter):
[code]
function main ($content,$conf){
	$output = "";
	for ($i = 0; $i <= 2920; $i++) {
		$output .= "0123456789";
	}
	debug($output);
	return $output;
}
[/code]

The problem seams to be caused by the pure length of the output string.
I did various tests that suggest that the problem is not processing time
or script errors. In the above example the debug still works.

Has anyone ideas on this?
Can anybody reproduce my observation?
Has anyone a concept for the reason of my problem?
Or can my server be the possible reason that stops an output that is
larger than 29200 characters?
I'm really puzzled.

greetings

Ron