[TYPO3-dev] relaurl: autoconf generation after update to sys_domains

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Nov 9 13:32:10 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry & other realurl fans!

As discussed about 4 weeks ago [1] I made a suggestion to rewrite realurl's autoconfig after changes to sys_domain. We have ~180 domains at the moment and I would like to let realurl rewrite it after changes to sys_domain, which occur every few days.

I wrote:
>> Only one thing further to do would be to watch sys_domain for changes
>> (processDatamap_afterDatabaseOperations) and recreate realurl autoconf.
>>
>> @Dmitry
>> would this (hook and sys_domain observing) be an option for future realurl
> > versions? I'd try to write a patch within the next weeks (once there is
> > time..).

Dmitry answered:
> Sure! I have only two notes:
> - it is safe to regenerate autoconfig if it is stored in serialized format. > This format is not editable. PHP format is editable, so I would not do any > automatic regeneration if autocofig is stored as PHP file
> - make sure you follow TYPO3 coding convention and structure your code
> well.. You can get the idea in the existing RealURL code.

So I wrote a patch and submitted it after some tests to bugtracker [2].
I did my best to follow CGLs, keep code simple and did IMHO no great changes (except that config is overwritten if config is in serial format without introducing a new configuration option in EM).

I hope you have time to review this within the next few weeks and await your or other's comments if I should overwork the patch.

[1] <http://www.typo3-jack.net/typo3-english-lists-netfielders-de/15529-typo3-realurl-questions-2.html>
[2] http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9757

Have a nice sunday!
Steffen