[TYPO3-dev] Caching per domain: bug or feature?

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sun Nov 9 13:14:25 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

I have a TYPO3 installation with 4 domains, all pointing to the same
TYPO3 backend.
Now I noticed something strange with the caching, it seems TYPO3 caches
configuration per domain and doesn't really clear all cache when I press
that button.

For example:
I uninstall an extension in the extension manager and clear all caches
when logged in from domain A.
Now when I log in from domain B, the extension is installed again and I
have to uninstall it here to.
It is pretty annoying having to log in from all domains for uninstalling
one extension.

Now my question is: Is this a bug or a feature?

(TYPO3 4.2.2, PHP 5.2.0-8)

Regards,

Susanne