[TYPO3-dev] generic XML feed import

Luc Muller l.mul-nospam-ler at ameos.com
Fri Nov 7 16:26:51 CET 2008

I alreay had this reflection, but for the moment the only result i got
is to think that an generic XML importer would result in a DB building
extension.

thus means.

I got this XML tag eg title I need to build a field title in the DB.

by the way it can work with a simple generic XML but would become very
very complexe when XML is going to be more complex.

So I thought it would be always simpler to work with generic XML parsing
methods but having specific importer for each XML feed.

But may I am not courageous enough to start a deep look in all the
possibilites.

Luc Muller

stefano cecere a écrit :
> hi
>
> a part rem_xml_import (which is not documented), doen anybody knows if
> exists an extensions which imports a generic external XML feed into db
> tables?
> with dynamic configurables field (at least for ID and time), and a
> little cron script to keep it updated regulary?
>
> then we can write custom viewers..
>
> (i think such an extension would be valuable for many people in this
> "share contents" century ! :)
>

> now i'm trying to understand rem_xml_import (which is linked to
> tt_news i have to discover how..)
> or maybe a new common one should be developed?

*Luc Muller*
/Web Developper/
/Formidable - Rapid Application Developpement Framework for Typo3
<http://formidable.typo3.ug>/
/Typo3 Ameos <http://www.ameos.com>/