[TYPO3-dev] Is there still a cleaner Backend-Project for 4.3?

Christopher Christopher at temporaryforwarding.com
Tue Nov 4 23:52:01 CET 2008

OK, not so many responces... :-(

I would really like to see these improvements in 4.3 (finally and since this is still possible).

Compared to other changes (FE-editing as sysext, integration of openID and so on) this should not be a problem.

Could someone please add these issues to the roadmap for 4.3 in bugtracker?

Christopher

  "Christopher schrieb:
  Hi guys,

  there was a cleaner backend-project to improve the usability of the BE of version 4.2.
  This project made the backend way more comfortable then it was before I think.
  Afaik the team wanted to continue working for 4.3.
  Are there still efforts to go on in this direction?

  I am asking now, because I saw that you are at the moment compiling a list of tasks for TYPO3 4.3 in the bugtracker.
  There I asked myself, if the following could be part of this version...

  I am expecially thinking of:
  * checkbox "Secondary options" when editing content cannot be hidden
  * "Show clipboard" in filelist cannot be hidden
  * Same for "Show thumbnails"
  * Possibility to hide items in the toolbar at the top (shortcuts, search)
  * With shortcuts: Icon "Create shortcut" always visible
  * Possibility to hide "Mount as tree root" in context-menu
  * Translation of hardcoded labels

  and something else:
  * new pictures for the manual?!

  I would really like to see these improvements!
  What do you think?

  Christopher