[TYPO3-dev] more cleaning up

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Nov 4 20:34:03 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> i would like to clean up a bit more and would like to ask you about
>
> 1) replace all =& with =
> When using php 5.3+ this will lead to a fatal error, so i'm for removing
> that now before alpha release

Let's wait for PHP 5.3 final. PHP has a bad habit to change stuff even
well into 5.x.5... We'll see if this will really issue errors/warnings.

> 2) defining constant LINE_BREAK and replace all chr(10) and "\n" with
> LINE_BREAK

What is the benefit of this? chr(10) and "\n" define a certain
character, but what does LINE_BREAK define? The local line break (eg
CR/LF on Windows)? Is this what we want/need?

Masi