[TYPO3-dev] Getting rid of deprecated TypoScript stuff in TYPO3

Juergen Egeling egeling at punkt.de
Tue Nov 4 19:03:58 CET 2008

HI,
* Oliver Hader <oliver at typo3.org> [081104 17:18]:
> Several months/years ago we agreed on marking code in the TYPO3 Core
> with the PHPDoc tag "@deprecated" and will remove the class or method
> two minor releases later. This means a functionality marked as
> deprecated in TYPO3 4.1 will be removed in TYPO3 4.3.

You really _have_ to notify each TYPO3 admin each and individually
by guiding him/her.
If you remove deprecated features, it will be a nightmare for _all_
hosters that in this case cannot automatically update TYPO3 websites.
>From that point on they would not be able to updates TYPO3, even
if there is a severe bug in the next version.
IMHO with the next release there has to be a tool, that the installer
runs that tells the admin, that in release N+1 the following features
won't work, IMHO also it has to show the specific problems that this
admin than is awaiting.

> Personally I'm in for "c)" but wanted to know about your opinion on that.

Who of you is in charge of TYPO3.org and checked  if this will still work?

best
Juergen
--
punkt.de GmbH               TYPO3-Internet-Dienstleistungen-Beratung
Kaiserallee 13a             Tel.: 0721 9109-0  Fax: -100