[TYPO3-dev] OT: Google accounts + TYPO3 mailer

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 18:31:49 CET 2008

On 3-Nov-08, at 1:26 AM, stefano cecere wrote:

> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> stefano cecere schrieb:
>>> hi everybody
>>>
>>> i can't keep my eye on everydetail of 4.3 progress so i ask here:
>>>
>>> can we already test the OpenID functions in 4.3 trunk?
>>> does anybody know it is possible now to use google accounts to log
>>> into
>>> typo3 BE?
>>
>> Check out the sources and install the openid extensions. Enter the
>> OpenID identifier to the BE user records of your choice. After that
>> you
>> can use the full OpenID id URL in the username to log in.
>
> yes installed and checked
>
> i'm trying the Google Apps (anybody?) where you can use google as
> mail engine, with accounts name.surname at yourdomain.com
> i have to check if these kind of account are OpenID enabled....

Just curious if you've managed to get TYPO3 to send mail on a domain
where the MX records point to e.g aspmx5.googlemail.com? I've tried to
use an extension that is supposed to make phpmailer available to TYPO3
mailforms, but though phpmailer works fine on the box, TYPO3 can't
send messages…

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/