[TYPO3-dev] Autosave in BE

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri May 23 09:42:03 CEST 2008

Hi,

> do you propose the user should use Klok?
> This may work great with any software, but client hasto install and use it.

I don't think that's the point.

> i don't get exactly what the author of the blog entry means if it's part of
> application or not ;-)

What the author and Dmitry mean (I think) is that autosave should just
save. The main assumption here (and which seems very reasonable) is that
people *want* to save what they are writing anyway, except in (very)
rare cases. So autosave should just save. And I fully agree with that
point of view.

TYPO3 keeps a history of changes anyway, so it's possible to roll back.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter