[TYPO3-dev] Autosave in BE

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu May 22 20:26:28 CEST 2008

Hi!

Niels Fröhling wrote:
> You have a programatic working base that could completely carry a
> temporary-version. No reprogramation. You have consistent
> version-related connections of multiple entries, of any kind, you have
> the ability to move forth and back off a temporary version, and so on.
> You want to reprogram an identical functionality? When do you want to be
> finished?

Do you have *any* idea how complex are workspaces in programming? It is not the "api for extensions" that you have to use in this case. It is full featured workspace overlays and may be even overlays from workspace to workspace, which is not supported at all and will never be supported.

I afraid you talk about a thing that you do not clearly understand. Please, do not be offended. I know workspace code. I was the first who started to work with workspaces code even before its release to public. I know what I am talking about. It is not a thing that you can use after 1-2h of studying. It is the most complex area in TYPO3 for the programmer. Possibly more complex than all the rest together. And it still has bugs. You would not want to add extra complexity to a space shuttle. You would not want to do it for workspaces as well.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team