[TYPO3-dev] Autosave in BE

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Wed May 21 22:12:07 CEST 2008

> Where to save? Don't use same record, but use a new table with
> "Shadow"-records. This can be an easy table where all field entries are
> saved in a serialized way, having pid and record table information as well.
> When a record is definitive saved the shadow record can be deleted.
> If something happens you have an option to use a shadow record for the table
> type which recovers unsaved entries

 This will not work with any of the cases you really want to cover
(multiple of multiple) and is IMHO completely unnessessary.
 A temporary _version_ of a record is still a _version_, so use the
versioning system for it, as far as I understand it's no problem there
to have even actually huge page-trees++ as a consistent temporary
version, and still works in and with work-spaces.
 You only have to assign an identifier for the version, don't process it
in the FE-path, and make it visually clear that an existing record has
an interrupted version, or that there are interrupted new entries -
should nicely fit into any existing extensions.

 Ciao
    Niels