[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 & MSSQL & utf-8/ucs-2

Georg Ringer news at ringerge.org
Wed May 21 15:33:29 CEST 2008

Hi,

I need to set up a website with MSSQL and I need a different character
set than iso latin-1 because I got russian and some other east european
languages.

Problems seems that MSSQL can't handle utf-8 but just ucs-2. I can set
the forceCharset in the install-tool but this still won't help because
the DB is kind of iso (we don't really know).

So my questions are:
- Anyone ever did what I need to do (saving utf8/ucs2 into MSSQL with
TYPO3)?
- Anyone got hints how I can set on the MSSQL server utcs2?
- I read somewhere about ADOdb mssql_n which could help too, any infos
about that?
- Anyone knows something which can also help?

Help would be really appreciated?

Georg