[TYPO3-dev] Thoughts about: Development Donation Webshop

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue May 20 23:09:59 CEST 2008

Hi Stig,

> Any new thoughts since almost 3 years ago?

Yes, quite a few :-)

At T3DD08 the principle of sponsored projects was launched for boosting
the development of the 4.x branch. More details are due soon, but we
(that being mostly Ingmar Schlecht, Michael Stucki and me) are working
on setting a framework for companies (or other entities) to sponsor
development of parts of the TYPO3 Core.

We are getting everything ready in the hope of having an official
announcement soon.

On the other hand a lot of discussions have been going on about
collecting donations, in particular - as you mention - making it easy
for small amounts. In particular Kian Gould has been looking into the
donations concept and process.

A lot has been going on with private mails until recently, but now a new
mailing list has been set up for this, and you are welcome to join it.
It's simply called typo3.sponsoring.

Actually it would be really nice if you could re-post your messages there.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter