[TYPO3-dev] Thoughts about: Development Donation Webshop

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Tue May 20 22:00:03 CEST 2008

Almost 3 years ago there was a discussion in this forum about the
donation "issue".
I write on the list once again, as I still think more donations could
boost TYPO3 development and have a positive impact.

At that time there were positive comments about the idea of setting the
donation in system, making it easier and more accesible to donate.
There are two kinds of donators as I see it. The really big and the
smaller ones.
The really big ones have probably already supported by joining the TYPO3
  Association. But then there are all the rest who still wants to
contribute money-wise, but don't have resources to join in a membership.
I'm sure that there also are many(firms or individuals) who wish to be
able to donate to a specific project and not just by a general donation.

I think one biggest barriers for people who wants to donate is, if in
the end only half of the total amount is collected, you wouldn't have
donated the 50€. You want some kind guarentee that if you donate some
money, it will actually be used and help complete the specific project.

I know there is a new donations extension/project, but I can't see if
they take this issue into account?

Any new thoughts since almost 3 years ago?

Best Regards
Stig Nørgaard Færch