[TYPO3-dev] Changing labels, values and icons of certain select lists depending on CType

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Tue May 20 18:03:02 CEST 2008

Dear folks, can you give me a hint, please?

What I would like to do is to show different items in some select lists
(e.g. section_frame and layout in tt_content) depending on the CType
(would be nice to have this, btw). As far I as know this is not possible
via Page TSConfig, so I will have to modify $TCA. I have an ext for my
BE coniguration and it it's ext_tables.php I would have a switch.
So how do I find out about the current CType?

$currentCType = ???how to find out about it???
switch ($currentCType) {
	some cases and a default
}

Or, if I would like to do similar stuff for pages according to the
doktype, how would I find out the current doctype?

$currentDoctype = ???what has to go here???

Thanks, Uschi