[TYPO3-dev] Best practices for distributed TypoScript development

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Tue May 20 11:20:03 CEST 2008

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Steffen Müller
Datum:       14.05.2008 15:10:
> Hi.
>
> I'm looking for some ideas on how to improve collaborative development
> processes.
> In our company, we use Subversion for extension files and template files
> (css, html, etc.). This enables us to concurrently work on the same
> stuff. But this concurrency is not possible for TS Template and
> TSconfig, because it is saved in the DB and thus can't be handled by
> subversion.
>
> What's your best practice with TS?

Hallo Steffen,

we do that (include TS/Config, required presets etc.) now for more then
two years. We can't think of a different way as we working on different
locations and countries (RO, D, B).
To get an idea of the basic concept you can have a look at fdfx_yaml. We
skipt the YAML part now since end of last year and focus on the core. To
deploy the developement fdfx_svn might be helpful (latest version on
T3XDEV).

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Regs. Peter.

--
Fiat lux!
Docendo discimus.