[TYPO3-dev] TCA UserFunction - saving multiple values

Simon Justesen simon at FJERNDETTEsimm.dk
Fri May 16 17:27:51 CEST 2008

Simon Justesen skrev:
> Steffen Kamper skrev:
>> "Simon Justesen" <simon at FJERNDETTEsimm.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:mailman.1.1210713472.616.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>>> Hey fellow TYPO3 users
>>>
>>> I've made a custom $TCA userfunction. I can easily save single values
>>> to a table field, but how can I add some preprocessing before writing
>>> the value to the database?
>>>
>>> I have a productfield and a price-field which I have to save to the
>>> same database field in the this way: product;price so that I can
>>> explode() it later.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Simon
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> use one of the hooks in tcemain, eg processDatamapClass or
>> processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray to do what ever you want.
>>
>> vg Steffen
>>

> Hey Steffen
>
> Thank you very much - I'll check it out
>
> Best regards
> Simon

Hi

I've got an additional question: How do I save the processed data back
to the database?

Tried with the usual $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_UPDATEquery but the
$incomingFieldArray contains this additional field

_TRANSFORM_productdescription='RTE',

causing the update-query to fail because no such field exist in the
database.

I used the below-mentioned to test the hook

function processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray($incomingFieldArray,
$table, $id, &$pObj)
	{
		t3lib_div::debug($incomingFieldArray);
		$incomingFieldArray['tools']['toolname'] = 1;

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->exec_UPDATEquery($table,'uid='.$id.'',$incomingFieldArray);
	}

Best regards
Simon