[TYPO3-dev] Uniqueness of page aliases

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu May 15 22:46:02 CEST 2008

"Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1210877626.14255.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Müller wrote:
>> Is there any case at all, that TYPO3 cannot determine id? When will this
>> happen?
>
> The simplest is: index.php?id=alias. I remember also when
> http://domain.com/?alias was used.
>
>> So what is your proposal? Use the Speaking URL path segment instead of
>> alias?
>
> Don't use alias.
>
> --

hehe, Dmitry, i love your short comments :D

indeed alias is a very basic method for urls, i see
- nothing [works, could look nicer :)]
- alias [looks a bit nicer, but very basic url writing]
- simulateStatics [advanced, but difficult to remember urls cause the hash]
- realurl [most advanced, good speaking urls, could be more flexible for
specific rewrite]

vg Steffen