[TYPO3-dev] Uniqueness of page aliases

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu May 15 19:08:20 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 6:42 PM, Steffen Müller <typo3 at t3node.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On 15.05.2008 17:27 Christian Lerrahn wrote:
>
>> Is there any chance that the uniqueness of aliases could be made
>> optional?
>
> just reconfigure the TCA:
> $TCA['pages']['columns']['alias']['config']['eval'] =
> 'nospace,alphanum_x,lower,unique';
>
> I used to place this in typo3conf/extTables.php
> $GLOBALS['TCA']['pages']['columns']['alias']['config']['eval'] =
> 'nospace,alphanum_x,lower';
>
> But maybe this is old school and there's a better place for TCA
> configuration?!
>
> In general, it is a good idea to have it unique, because otherwise,
> one-tree/non-realurl users would be in trouble. You can change it in
> other cases.

RealURL at least provides a field in the page record that can be used
instead of the alias field and which need not be unique (though of
course sibling pages should still never have identical names)--it's
the "Speaking URL path segment" field.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/