[TYPO3-dev] accessListRenderMode

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Wed May 14 22:02:57 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today i found a setting i never heard before, and i tried it:
>
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['accessListRenderMode'] = 'checkbox';
>
> Now the accesslists in BE-user/group are no multiselects but single
> checkboxes.
>
> Wow, i wanted to make something like that and it's already in
>
> But: the CSS is not like t3skin, and Helptextes are shown regardless the
> user setting of help textes.
> So may be you also want to try, or you never heard of this before like me,
> or you don't like it :-)

Hey Steffen,

One of the easter eggs of TYPO3 ;-) I use it as it gives a little more control.
It was introduced at the same time as explicitAllow if you know that one.
explicitAllow is also not default for backward compatibility reasons. Both
options give ease of control, although the accesslists are still to chaotic to
me especially when you have many extensions installed. Some kind of subdivision
would be in order as well. It is my guess that in one of my installations the
list easily holds like over 500 options/checkboxes. Duh!

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation