[TYPO3-dev] PID 0 special case

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed May 14 12:14:16 CEST 2008

"Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1210758716.17316.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> As T3DD08 leads to many interesting discussions here the next issue:
>>
>> Problem for some/many configs like pageTS is that no setting will work on
>> PID=0.
>> So imho it would be nice to have a special record for PID=0 for using
>> tsConfig or template. This would be like a "global" setting for all
>> sites.
>>
>> Comments are welcome as usual ;-)
>
> pid=0 is a very special case... It always was virtual pid. I afraid it may
> be too risky to have it. You can try though ;)
>
> --

i also afraid that it will have side effects. While talking to Benni there
is another option.
We already have
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS[FE][defaultUserTSconfig]
in installer (I never noticed that)
so it  would be possible to have
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS[FE][defaultPageTSconfig]

and a better interface in installer to do it there.

vg Steffen