[TYPO3-dev] Sphinx for indexed_search

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon May 5 20:59:40 CEST 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 05.05.2008 15:35:

>>> Please do not repeat what has been done before: closed door development
>>> with the we-know-best attitude *. I favour an open process with a little
>>> discussion on the details of the implementation.
>>
>> Don't worry, we'll publish the patches as soon as we have a stable
>> version.
>
> But that's what I mean. You present it when it's done. AFter that we can
> only take it or leave it as you probably don't want to invest much more
> time into rewriting it.

I don't share that worry. In my eyes it is ok to develop some "hairy"
area privately in a small team and release something working than
discuss every detail in public. There have been dozens of public
discussions about that subject, and I expect that Michael and Ingo have
also followed them.

And I also don't think that this will be a "take it or leave it" patch,
as I expect major interest by most (some?) core developers in that area
so that after it is working and have proved its efficiency we can still
talk and fine tune the details.

Cheers,
Ernesto