[TYPO3-dev] Sphinx for indexed_search

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon May 5 15:37:40 CEST 2008

Hi!

John Angel wrote:
>> Doesn't sound that good when I think of how much transformation is done
>> with TYPO3.
>
> I suppose you are thinking of TemplaVoila?

TemplaVoila does not do transformations. I think he means RTE. You will not be able to follow page links in RTE texts, for example, if you do direct database query. Same for any extension that adds fields to tt_content and uses them to show data.

> If TV would make its own tables with custom fields,  instead of XML, that would solve the problem.

It will not, sorry.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team