[TYPO3-dev] Sphinx for indexed_search

John Angel johnange at gmail.com
Mon May 5 09:23:53 CEST 2008

Hi Dmitry,

> I evaluated it over mnoGoSearch but mnoGoSearch is more powerful (it also supports word
> forms - can find "did" and "done" if you search for "do" and this is for many languages!). I
> know that Sphynx speed is fantastic. But mnoGoSearch speed is also fast. So I eded up on
> mnoGoSearch.

It is totally different concept. mnoGoSearch is crawler based, Sphynx is database based.

It does not require pages to render, but fetches everything directly from the database.

It means indexing speed is couple of seconds (yes, you read correctly!) and you can index every 5 minutes if you like.

Regards,
John