[TYPO3-dev] Static templates in 4.2/4.3 ?

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sat May 3 23:05:40 CEST 2008

Hey Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> sysext and freesite? What does this mean? sysexts come with core.
Basically what I'd like is this:

* Having the typo3_src package without any static templates
   - basically, let's strip out the old ones, a patch is
     already present in the core list to remove them,
   - the old templates are already an ext in the TER.

* Having a dummy package without any static templates
   - as it is right now, no change here
   - used for the advanced guys like us

* Having a combined "freesite" package (or whatever you want to call it)
   - includes the typo3_src, the dummy and an additional "sysext"
     (or not even a sysext, just an ext from TER) called
     "modern_templates" with the new CSS templates
   - used for people who want to try out TYPO3 or who quickly want to
     build a basic page with a cool design.

I just need to tell you guys that I won't be able to do this on my own
for 4.3 here, so if somebody else would volunteer, that would be really
great. I am however willing to contribute as much as I can (if we could
knock this out really quick on T3DD08, I would love this too). If
there's interest we can form a project team for this...

--
greetings,
benni.