[TYPO3-dev] domesticating t3lib_div::debug

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat May 3 10:34:32 CEST 2008

Franz Holzinger schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] a écrit :
>> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>> as i work much in BE it's very annyoing that any debug message in BE
>>> destroys the layout, so i patched my BE like this:
>> I'd rather add cc_debug into core to open debug statements in a new
>> window. The solution you propose is not bad but not compatible with 100%
>> of existing extensions.
>
> You should better add an API to the core to support several debug
> extensions.

But why? I don't get the point of the whole thread. When I debug small
extensions a plain echo in my own code is enough. Aftre I'm done I
remove all the stuff.

For the FE there is already debugging possible (the TS message stack for
the admin panel). So maybe the BE could benefit from a special debug
function. But that is probably tenplate.php related. No need to bloat
t3lib_div with that.

Masi