[TYPO3-dev] tslib_pibase can't fetch translations, pi_getLL()

Fri May 2 14:28:18 CEST 2008

Hello :)

In my extension I have an own class in which I want to use the function
pi_getLL(). Of course I could extend the whole class with tslib_pibase, but
isn't that much overhead? Because I need that function only once in the whole
code.

I tried to do it with the following code:

				$piObj = t3lib_div::makeInstance("tslib_pibase");
  				$piObj->scriptRelPath = $this->scriptRelPath;
				$piObj->conf = $this->conf;
   				$piObj->pi_loadLL();
               			array_push($error,
$piObj->pi_getLL('error.field_validation').$field);

Like this I get the following strange error:

TYPO3 Fatal Error: Extension key "" was NOT loaded! (t3lib_extMgm::extPath)

It's caused by the pi_loadLL(), if I remove that, the error goes away but
getLL does not fetch anything.

What am I doing wrong?

Greets
Cyrill