[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.2 backend and IE 5.5

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Mon Mar 31 19:18:53 CEST 2008

Vladimir Podkovanov a écrit :
> 2008/3/17, Ingo Renner <ingo at typo3.org>:
>> Stanislas Rolland wrote:
>>> Is the TYPO3 4.2 backend supposed to work in IE5.5? I am trying to see
>>> if the RTE is still working in that IE version but not much seems to work.
>> you don't need to care for IE5.5, you're free to assume IE6 as a minimum.
>>

>> Ingo
>>

> Why not?
> per statistic 16,72 % still using IE 5.0-5.01-5.5

I could test in the frontend that the version of htmlArea RTE included
in TYPO3 4.2 is working in IE 5.5 (contentEditable was introduced in
5.5, so no RTE will work in older versions).

Therefore, if a site uses htmlArea RTE in the frontend, it will work for
visitors who are using IE 5.5. However, I think it is reasonable to
require the authors, editors and other users of the TYPO3 backend to
upgrade at least to IE6.

Regards,
Stanislas