[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 on PostgreSQL experiances

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Mar 27 13:53:37 CET 2008

> I may be wrong but I think idea of DBAL was to enable using other
> databases with TYPO3. It means that queries must be converted to the
> format of corresponding database from MySQL syntax.

I agree with that DBAL should handle this... although there is also a
little voice in my head that said 'vender transparent' :)
Like your suggestion below is that XML schema can solve it...
something for V5 I guess

> Look where it is! sysext/dbal/class.ux_t3lib_db.php.

Doesn't mean that is the actual problem..... it can also happen because
some calling function is mis-behaving.

> Well, this was discussed, I was in favor of unchecking this box by
> default but it was banned by many others.
>
> May be I did not read your mail carefully enough (sorry), I assumed
> you have this checkbox unchecked. This is the very first thing I
> always do... There is no *any* sense in this checkbox now.

I was trying to do this exercise as a new user and actually I am kinda
new because the last time I did such a installation was more then half
a year ago :)
I normally turn it off right away.... a new user doesn't know this and
get old versions offered.
I think the review switch needs to be re thought...

Ries